Tuesday, February 15, 2011




Some days when I think I am doing ok and even feel some happiness, I am overwhelmed with sadness and feeling like we lost Sammy yesterday not 2 years ago. Today when I was running errands it happened. Memories of the parent/child golf outing came flooding back when I saw another Sam walking home from school. (Don't get me wrong....the memories are wonderful and happy. Missing Sammy and wanting him back is just so all consuming.) Sam T and his dad were paired with Jake D and his dad, Sammy and Vince along with me and Marcus, the last time Sammy played in the Parent/Child outing at the Elks. The day was full of happy moments of laughter! Boys being boys (in a good way!) and a day full of sunshine and golf. I remember the boys helping each other line up putts and cheering when Sammy had a good shot! It wasn't about who might win that day and bring home the trophy, it was about boys hanging out on the golf course and having a good time! Those boys gave Sammy a day of joy and friendship. Thank you and God bless you boys!

It doesn't get any easier. You just get better at it. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment